Shari L. Heyen is Co-Chair of the firm’s Global Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice and Co-Managing Shareholder of the Houston office. Shari has experience in complex restructuring, bankruptcy, insolvency and complex commercial litigation matters. She has represented numerous creditors' committees, debtors, bank groups, acquirers and other significant constituencies in national chapter 11 cases and workout proceedings, including complex oil, gas and energy cases. Shari has broad experience in the prosecution and defense of fiduciary litigation, real estate, oil and gas, health care, receiverships and alternative energy matters.
Shari has been recognized for her restructuring and bankruptcy law experience by The Best Lawyers in America (2010-2020), Texas Super Lawyers (2004-2019), and Legal 500. This year she was named a Houston Business Journal Women Who Mean Business “Outstanding Leader in Law” and a Top USA Woman Dealmaker by Global M&A Network. Shari has also been listed multiple times as a Winning Team Member by Global M&A Network’s Turnaround Atlas Awards in its recognition of Greenberg Traurig’s Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice. She was also listed as a Team Member for Greenberg Traurig’s recognition by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® for "Law Firm of the Year" in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2013.
· Counsel for Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Senior Care Centers, LLC, et al.
· Counsel for Plan Administrator, Cobalt International Energy, Inc., et al.
· Counsel for Creditor Representative, Linn Energy, LLC, et al.
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, CJ Holding Co., et al.
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Ryckman Creek Resources, LLC, et a
· Counsel for Ameriquest Mortgage in case of first impression involving the interpretation of the Home Equity Amendment to the Texas Constitution. These decisions are reported at Doody v. Ameriquest Mortgage Co., 49 S.W.3d 342 (Tex 2001); Doody v. Ameriquest Mortgage Co., 242 F.3d 286 (5th Cir. 2001).
· Counsel for Mississippi Development Authority in the KiOR, Inc. bankruptcy proceeding in Delaware.
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Global Geophysical, et al.
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Buccaneer Resources, et al. (Australian publicly traded company).
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Piccadilly Restaurants, LLC, et al.
· Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, Bigler Petrochemical, et al.
221 W. Stewart Avenue, Suite 207
Medford, OR 97501
Ph: (541) 858-1665
Fx: (541) 858-9187
Copyright © 2022 Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors