Jim specializes in driving high-impact change in cross-border restructurings across multiple industries, including business services, media, and renewable energy. Clients benefit from his expertise in the management of complex work streams in the areas of liquidity management, business plan development, contingency planning, and organizational design. Prior to joining AlixPartners, he was in the financial services sector, serving in roles in private loan workouts, leveraged finance investment banking, and corporate treasury management.
Jim has an MBA and a Bachelor of arts in economics from Duke University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (Charterholder).
• Managed organizational assessment and redesign of a global renewable energy company while assisting with a successful whole-company sale process.
• Developed an SG&A cost reduction plan and corporate headquarters relocation plan for a global power generation company.
• Served as interim manager of the financial planning and analysis group of a global mass media company.
• Managed liquidity forecasting, hypothetical liquidation analysis, and development of the debtor-in-possession financing budget for a Chapter 11 reorganization of Altegrity, Inc.
• Implemented a liquidity-forecasting process for a global sports, media, and entertainment company.
• Evaluated strategic plans for Eastman Kodak Company’s businesses as part of the company's Chapter 11 reorganization; developed a cost reduction strategy for the company's finance organization.
• Created a business plan for BearingPoint, Inc., that served as the basis for creditor negotiations and a subsequent plan of reorganization for a Chapter 11 restructuring and sale of the company.
221 W. Stewart Avenue, Suite 207
Medford, OR 97501
Ph: (541) 858-1665
Fx: (541) 858-9187
Copyright © 2023 Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors